Metal roofs are an amazing investment and they are one of the leading ways to protect your Plainfield home from the extreme weather we can experience.
Selecting the material of your new roof can be an arduous and long process, after all, you want something with longevity, but you also want a roof that fits within your budget. A metal roof in Plainfield is the gold standard — yes, the initial investment may be more, but its performance and durability is worth it.
In roofing, attempting a DIY project isn’t something homeowner’s typically do. Leave it up to the roofing professionals at Advantex Restoration, especially when it comes to the intricacies of a metal roof. Join us in today’s blog as we review the importance of hiring the right roofing company to properly execute a metal roof.
Metal Roof Installation in Plainfield
Getting a metal roof right requires more skill than typical roofing shingles, and even when you’re looking to save a quick buck, metal roofs just aren’t for the weekend warriors. Find out below why you want expert roofing contractors installing a metal roof on your Plainfield home.
Metal roof installation requires more skill.
Installing asphalt shingles is a walk in the park and requires very little training that even the newest of new roofing professional can tackle. Metal roofs, on the other hand, take much more skill and experience to get them right.
When the roofing professional goes to lay the first piece, it’s something that requires attention to detail, in addition to getting it right every time. When it comes to the first piece, there’s little room for error — it can’t be mismatched or anything from straight. With asphalt shingles, there is more room for forgiveness, but with metal roofs, it has to be set correctly.
Advantex Restoration has time and fostered craftsmanship on our side — we are the pros and we’re very proud of the metal roofing installations we do!
More thought and planning has to go into a metal roof.
When it comes to metal roofing you can’t exactly tack on a metal roof just like that, much more thought and planning goes into it. You have to consider things such as:
- What is an underlayment and how do I choose the best one?
- What is the best metal roofing that protects against the heavy winds in Plainfield?
- Is there a quality difference in the different metal roofing materials?
- Does a metal roof require venting?
- There are a whole host of considerations to make when it comes to metal roof installation that Advantex Restoration can explore with you.
Even the smallest mistake could be costly.
When you attempt a DIY project, there’s a chance you have a pretty well laid out tutorial along with people who have attempted this same feat. In addition, you either work on honing this project with cheaper materials or have a little wiggle room for mistakes.
Metal roofs are a different beast.
There may be tutorials out there, but not many DIY-ers have successfully installed a metal roof. Trying out your skills may not only result in an unsafe roof, but it may cost you more than if you just hired a roofing contractor to do it for you in the first place.
Where is money lost?
- Not calculating the proper amount of metal roofing materials you need — we get it, it’s hard measuring for chimneys, vents, and eaves.
- You accidentally cover over roof damage — water and mold can seep in and if you’re not looking for it or are too busy and miss it, you may install a roof and then have to rip it out, repair the damage and install a whole new roof as a result.
- You misalign the metal roofing ribs, causing you to have to replace the work you’ve already done.
- You get the ventilation wrong. Metal roofing needs ventilation and if you don’t allow for optimal venting, mold grows, and again, you have to address this and get a new roof!
- Time and energy are spent installing a new roof. A professional roofing company may be able to install a new metal roof in a weekend, but as a novice, this may take over a week or multiple weekends — does saving this money really out weight the time and energy you spend?
You’ll have to factor in the roofing resiliency.
Metal roofing is not a cake walk, so you would have to figure out all the difficult parts out by yourself and this is stressful and again, it may end up costing you in materials lost.
Each piece of metal roofing requires you to install the flashing correctly and place everything just right. Anything not placed correctly and you may have leaks later on!
A metal roof is a big project for the roofing professionals, but more so for those who have never done it before. Leave the DIY life behind — at least for roofing — and invest in a great roofing company!
Hire professional roofing contractors!
The roofing experts always do it better! Metal roofs require a large amount of skill and experience, exactly what Advantex Restoration can offer! Get a metal roof the right way, the sane way, and potentially save yourself money in the long run!
If you’re ready for a new metal roof and don’t want to chance doing it yourself, hire the professionals at Advantex Restorations. Get started with us today!